My name is Oscar Rodriguez. My interests focus mainly on game creation: programming, game design, 2D art and music.
As a computer engineer, my main field of expertise lies in computers. I mostly focus on networking, computer graphics and algorithmics, as well as a whole lot of programming in as many languages as I can learn.I graduated from Los Andes University in Bogota, Colombia, and then pursued my master’s degree at Ohtsuki Lab in Keio University in Yokohama, Japan, as a recipient of the Monbukagakusho scholarship. I then worked for five years at Sega in Japan, and now I work for Google Japan. Below, you can see which games I have contributed to.
I have also coded in more than 20 other programming languages, ranging from the mainstream to the esoteric.
Everything in this website is in English, but I am also a native Spanish speaker, fluent in Japanese, and can string up sentences in French. Feel free to contact me by email, by writing to o-rodrig [at] rapapaing [dot] com.
I sometimes contribute to some other sites:
- Google Developers Blog: Advanced in-app billing: handling alternative purchase flows
- Google Developers Japan: 高度なアプリ内課金: 様々な購入フローに対応する
- Google Developers Blog: 10 things you might be doing wrong when using the SafetyNet Attestation API
- Google Developers Japan: SafetyNet Attestation API を使う際に陥りやすい落とし穴
- Becoming Legally Japanese Blog: On name choosing, and personal identity
You can also find me on twitter, but I don’t write too often in there though…
I have worked on the following game titles:
- Kingdom Conquest for iPhone (SEGA): Program Support (game is no longer active)
- Phantasy Star Eternal Hunters (SEGA): Programming (game is no longer active)
- Kingdom Conquest for Android (SEGA): Program Support (game is no longer active)
- Sangokushi Conquest (SEGA): Programming, Server Lead (game is no longer active)
- Dragon Coins (Sega Networks): Programming (game is no longer active)
- Kingdom Conquest II (Sega Networks): Programming (game is no longer active)
- Gundam Conquest (Bandai Namco Games): Programming (game is no longer active)
- LINE Sonic Dash S (Sega Networks): Technical Advisor (game is no longer active)
- Project Diva F 2nd (SEGA): Development Support
- Phantasy Star Nova (SEGA): Programming
- 7th Dragon III: Code VFD (Sega Games): Programming Team: Graphics
You can actually see my name in some of the games I’ve worked on, in this blog post!
I also have a small indie game development group. Hopefully you would have already played some of our games on Steam!